Warrington Time Square receives Practical Completion
VINCI Construction UK's redevelopment of Warrington Town Centre, known as Time Square, has received Practical Completion.
The scheme, a design and build project for a mixed-use development of Warrington Town Centre, was delivered in a phased and live operational city centre environment.
The project had multiple work streams including:
- Construction of a new 2500 seat 13 screen cinema complex for Cineworld with 7 retail/ restaurant units below at ground and mezzanine level, with service yard and carpark to the rear
- A new 100,000 ft2, four-story office block comprising shell / core construction with both Category 'A' and 'B' fit-out works
- Construction of a new permanent market hall inclusive of stall fit out with basement storage area, inclusive of service tunnel, ground floor and mezzanine retail space to provide circa 50,000 ft2 of lettable retail space
- Site wide infrastructure works including the construction of a new primary substation and the provision for both new and the diversion of existing utility services, new foul and surface water drainage
- Creation of a high class public realm comprising hard / soft architectural works.
This has been a challenging but very rewarding project and has included strategic and technical expertise throughout. The scheme will provide a spectacular experience and talking point for visitors to enjoy for many years to come.
Date: 22 June 2020