WARRINGTON TIME SQUARE
Client: Warrington Borough Council
Warrington Borough Council awarded VINCI Construction the £69 million contract as part of the £107 million redevelopment of Warrington Town Centre. When completed, the scheme known as Time Square, will provide a new family-friendly shopping, restaurant and leisure experience.
This design and build project for a mixed-use development project involves a major transformation of Warrington Town Centre, delivered in a phased and live operational city centre environment. The project has multiple work streams:
- Construction of a new enhanced shell, 2500 seat 13 screen cinema complex for Cineworld with retail / restaurant units below at ground and mezzanine level, with service yard and carpark to the rear.
- A new 100,000 ft2, four storey office block comprising shell / core construction with both Category ‘A’ and ‘B’ fit-out works.
- Construction of a new permanent market hall with basement storage area, inclusive of service tunnel, ground floor and mezzanine retail space to provide circa 50,000 ft2 of lettable retail space.
- Site wide infrastructure works including the construction of a new primary substation and the provision for both new and the diversion of existing utility services, new foul and surface water drainage
- Creation of a high class public realm comprising hard / soft architectural works.
- Demolition of existing buildings / structures, ground remediation, profiling of site contours and ancillary party wall works.
With our appointment on the Warrington Time Square project, we will ensure a full contribution to the social, economic and environmental objectives of the town:
- Delivering Social Value for Warrington Time Square
- A Project Team Committed to Delivering Social Value
- Working with Schools / Colleges / Work Experience / Apprenticeships
- Meet the Buyer Events
- Apprenticeship partnerships
- Cheshire Wildlife Trust